Options

Can't get SQL Prompt Core back on SSMS

jccvikingjccviking Posts: 2 New member
I installed SQL Prompt Core on Visual Studio 2017 and it automatically added the intellisense features to SSMS.  Afterward, I was prompted to install an update.  I didn't realize it at the time but this was an update to the paid version SQL Prompt Pro.  At this point I don't need the additional "Pro" features so I tried to revert to SQL Prompt Core.  At this point, SQL Prompt Core is working in Visual Studio but, try as I might, I have not been able to get it working in SSMS.  I uninstalled and reinstalled but no joy.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
JCC

Best Answer

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    I'm a little confused by this to be honest - SQL Prompt Core was exclusively a Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise product. If you did somehow get Core into SSMS it certainly wasn't intended behaviour.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?

Answers

• Options
    jccvikingjccviking Posts: 2 New member
    Hi Russell.  Thanks for the response.  What you're saying makes sense in light of the fact I can't seem to find any relevant info on the net.  The only explanation I can come up with is that I inadvertently updated it to SQL Prompt Pro.  Visual Studio regularly notifies me that updates are available and I always install them (even if the update is for an extension I'm not using).  It may be that shortly after I Installed SQL Prompt Core an update switched it to SQL Prompt Pro.  In any case, right after the the original (Core) install I noticed I had Intellisense in SSMS.  While I liked having this feature in SSMS, I'm not willing to spend $385.00 to keep it there.  Again, thanks for your help.

JCC