SQL Prompt VS Extension won't install side-by-side in VS2017 and 2019

I recently installed VS2019 side-by-side with 2017 (I have not yet moved over to 2019 entirely). Ever since installing VS2019, the Updater/Installer for SQL Prompt Pro only installs the extension into VS2019. The extension is now completely missing from VS2017. Is there a way to force the installer to install into bothversions of visual studio? Or is there perhaps something I can do to mark VS2017 as "preferable"?

Answers

• There isn't, I'm afraid. Can you tell me which version you used? I ask because we had to make some changes after breaking changes from Microsoft in some of the release candidates, and we fixed a few issues in our installer files which may have fixed the behaviour you're describing. Try 9.5 if you haven't already, and let me know please?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • TravisDTravisD Posts: 3 New member
    I have a similar but oposite problem. 9.5 shows up in Visual Studio 2017 but not in 2019. I uninstalled and reinstalled the update and it still only shows in Visual Studio 2017. There does not appear to be an option to repair the installation.

One thing that may be useful for troubleshooting was that I had the Release Candidate of 2019 and installed the update to make it the full release so that may have made a difference.
  • awengaweng Posts: 7 New member
    I have similar issue just like TravisD has. I have installed SQL Prompt Ver. 9.5.0.9311and the SQL Prompt extension is working on Enterprise VS2017 (15.9.11), but not on Enterprise VS2019 (16.0.3)
  • greenmodulusgreenmodulus Posts: 1 New member
    Same problem.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled many time.  Will not show up in VS2019 but will in VS2017.  Always shows up in SSMS.
  • awengaweng Posts: 7 New member
    I find SQL Prompt extension folder under VS2017 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\SQLPrompt), but I could not find the corresponding folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\