Options

SQL Change Automation using AWS DevOps services

We use AWS DevOps tools for CI/CD (such as AWS codecommit, codepipeline, codedeploy) and I was wondering if there was some way to integrate SQL Change Automation with these tools? 

There are number of articles that covers similar integration for Azure DevOps; however, I couldn't find anything for AWS. I understand other build/delivery options such as Jenkins exist but our preference is to use AWS managed services with RedGate tools for database DevOps.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Kendra_LittleKendra_Little Posts: 139 Gold 3
    Hi Asaf,

I chatted with the team this morning and confirmed that we don't have a custom extension for AWS DevOps at this point. That doesn't mean you can't use it, however -- you can use the SQL Change Automation PowerShell module downloaded from the powershell gallery as part of a build script.

The PowerShell cmdlets have full functionality, there's nothing in the extensions you can't do in the scripts. I personally like using them more than the extensions. We have worked examples and also reference documentation for the cmdlets which I've used quite a lot and which got me started fast.

I've also submitted a suggestion to get an article done for Product Learning which walks through setting this up in AWS. I think it'd be a great post but the links above should get you started right away.

Kendra

Answers