Is pinvoke.net dead?

I've recently been requested to add a new module to pinvoke.net. Even though knowing pinvoke.net results have been quite messy for my taste in the past, I thought I give it a try and see if I could manage better.

However, pinvoke does not even seem to want me to add new content to it.

- I would've had to add a new module (projectedfslib from Windows 10 1809) to it, but that redirected me to an almost blank page with a link to some support forum, telling me to request getting my module added there. But the link does not work.
- The design of the website is horrible. I don't think it ever got updated since the site launched, and feels clumsy all along.
- The editing capabilities are mostly a big plain-text box, without clear guidance. I'd look up other pages to figure out how to note down things there.
- Several pages are messy, or the declarations are wrong. But that's definitely a community effort not being done.

And after all, I couldn't even find pinvoke.net in the "Category" combobox of this forum here. Did you guys give up on it?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• amalia_tracyamalia_tracy Posts: 13 New member
    yea it is too much outdated and haven't been updated since it's launch.most of us have given up there, because web pages looks clumpsy and horrific.
  • RayKoopaRayKoopa Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    edited April 5, 2019 10:00AM
    Thank you for letting me know @Russell D. I was kinda shocked to see the current quality of pinvoke.net (or lack thereof) to have anything to do with Redgate, being used to other standards too. Good (or sad) to know another company now just lets it rot.

I think that if you asked them several times to change things there, I won't have much success too. Maybe I just put my time into Nuget packages simply wrapping the APIs as there are many out there already, and let people pull sources from there if they need it.
  • Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited April 5, 2019 10:02AM
    Aye its in a sad state given how useful Pinvoke used to be.

Good luck with that route :).
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • LeenaaLeenaa Posts: 1 New member
    yea it is too much outdated and haven't been updated since it's launch.most of us have given up there, because web pages looks clumpsy and horrific.

Hi friend
    You are right, it looked so hideous and horrible because it wasn't updated. :o