"Finish setting up project" keeps popping up even though I have set up the project DBs

SCA v 3.0.19085.6348

I created a new SCA project, connected to an empty localhost DB as development and nothing as target.  There are no migrations yet, but I did create a 1.0.0-InitialRelease folder under Migrations.  In the debug tab of the project settings, it shows the coorect dev connection string, but every time I open the project/solution, it prompts me to "finish setting up the project".   Once I created a migration, it stopped prompting.

Is this a minor bug?

TIA,

-Peter
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Dan BDan B Posts: 287 Gold 5
    Hi PeterDaniels,

Thanks for posting on the Redgate forum.

This isn't a bug as before the migration is created you cant use the product. If you think this feature is misleading or unhelpful that is certainly feedback I can pass onto the development team.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Answers

• PeterDanielsPeterDaniels Posts: 89 Bronze 3
    Thanks @Dan B. It felt awkward to me because I had set up the connection to the dev DB multiple times but when I clicked on the "finish setting up the project", it did not show that connection. It asked for me to connect to a dev DB. As far as I was concerned, I was done setting up the project. It's a minor annoyance, but still felt like a bug. So, yes, please send this on to the devs.
    Thank you,
    -Peter