Cannot uninstall data generator 4, sql doc 4, sql search 3, sql test 2 and ssms integration pack 1

i cannot uninstall - atleast it says they're not uninstalled, and i cannot use them in ssms - all the other products included in toolbelt essentials ( source control etc uninstall correctly) but when i try to uninstall data generator 4, sql doc 4, sql search 3, sql test 2 and ssms integration pack 1. msiexec says they've uninstalled correctly and they disappear from add/remove programs list but as soon as i refresh the add/remove window they reappear. I've tried other solutions such as using the uninstallstring from regedit for each of the products; removing vs2017+ssms then removing sqltoolbelt. I'm using windows 10, vs2017 and ssms2014
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

Is there any message at all that indicates a failure to uninstall on screen or in the Windows Event Viewer logs?

From your post the uninstall appears to be successful but entries remain listed in the add/remove programs window. If you click the start button, are you still able to select SQL Doc, SQL Data Generator? Also if you open SSMS, SQL Search and SQL Test remain available in SSMS?
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • goodsoupgoodsoup Posts: 3 New member
    thank you for your response. yeah you've got the gist of it, it the uninstall completes but its still listed in the add/remove programs window. they don't appear in ssms or in the start menu but if i try to install them again they appear as 'already installed' in the redgate installer.

after running the microsoft tool you suggested, it failed (and was flagged as such) to uninstall and gave me a reason; apparently the registry keys are corrupt.

but! the revo uninstall seems to have removed them completely. thanks for your help :)
  • amalia_tracyamalia_tracy Posts: 13 New member
    From your post the uninstall seems, by all accounts, to be effective however sections stay recorded in the include/expel programs window. On the off chance that you click the begin catch, would you say you are as yet ready to choose SQL Doc, SQL Data Generator Likewise, on the off chance that you open SSMS, SQL Search and SQL Test stay accessible in SSMS