SQL Search not returning any results

bboppelbboppel Posts: 5 Bronze 2
edited March 15, 2019 1:01PM in SQL Search
After installing SSMS 2017 (v17.9), I'm not getting any results back on any searches.  Coincidentally, the search stopped working in SSMS 2014 as well.

From the log file:
15 Mar 2019 08:51:14.389 [88] ERROR ServerObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing server: 
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'sqlite3_open_interop' in DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll'.
   at System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_open_interop(Byte[] utf8Filename, Byte[] vfsName, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum flags, Int32 extFuncs, IntPtr& db)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.EnsureConnectionOpen()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.CreateCommand()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.ServerObjectStorage.Initialise()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.ServerObjectIndexer.Index()

Tagged:

Comments

• christophgmchristophgm Posts: 1 New member
    I got the same exact problems...I've carried out a general update on the Redgate SQL Toolbelt and since then SQL Search doesnot returen any results anymore. Please provide a solution for that!
  • We're investigating this behaviour, I'll update this when we have a solution.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • ejenkinsejenkins Posts: 7 Bronze 1
    Thanks for looking into it! Same issue here and this makes search entirely useless.
  • EricTEricT Posts: 1 New member
    Thanks. Same problem here, and right when I really needed it.
  • TheoLTheoL Posts: 17 Bronze 1
    Same issue here. SQL Search effectively useless while this problem exists.
  • soadiesoadie Posts: 2 New member
    Just wanted to add: I have the same problem.
  • Also would like to report that I'm experiencing this issue. If I manage to find a work around I'll post it here.
  • Vivans response has fixed my issue and I advise anyone else facing the same issue to do the same.

Thanks Vivan :nerd:
  • soadiesoadie Posts: 2 New member
    I agree with JackTomlinson. Vivians response has also fixed it on my side.
  • VivanVivan Posts: 5 Bronze 2
    Glad I could help - the 2 hours I spent messing around with this were not in vain!
    Unfortunately I have no System.Data.SQLite.dll file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Search 3 so this doesn't work for me.
    ejenkins said:
    Unfortunately I have no System.Data.SQLite.dll file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Search 3 so this doesn't work for me.
    It's C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Search\Source not C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Search 3
    Ah I missed "ProgramData"... Thanks!!
  • dqbrowndqbrown Posts: 1 New member
    edited March 20, 2019 2:55PM
    Vivan's solution worked for me.
  • Yeah its the latest release that uses different dependency version that breaks this. If you dont need Prompt uninstalling that will also work (rather than the entire rest of the toolbelt). Its only an issue affecting Prompt and Search when both are installed.
  • evanfantrevanfantr Posts: 2 New member
    edited March 20, 2019 6:04PM
    ejenkins said:
    Same here. Please send an update for the extension.
    evanfantr said:
    ejenkins said:
    Same here. Please send an update for the extension.
    See my above message.
    edited March 20, 2019 6:44PM
    ...And an update is already out to fix the issue https://update.red-gate.com/updatecontrols/details.aspx?etc=575538536&guid=ca71d7aa-92da-44c7-a27e-b7ba34945d44&update=2695. Thanks Red Gate and kudos again to Vivan for finding the exact problem!
  • Yes thanks for the link @ejenkins - this is now fixed in 9.4.14.
  • swadeswade Posts: 3 New member
    @Russell D and @ejenkins the link does not take me to a fix.  It goes to SQL Prompt page and then a place to download a trial edition.  i have a license to the toolbelt and need an update for my purchased product.  thanks
    @swade it was just the release notes for a past update that fixed the issue. As long as you update your RedGate products, particularly SQL Prompt and SQL Source Control this specific issue shouldn't occur.
  • JArmandoJArmando Posts: 1 New member
    Vivan said:
    I was having this same issue.

I resolved it by replacing the System.Data.SQLite.dll in C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Search\Source with the older version (1.0.85.0, copied from SQL Prompt 9 folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 9). 

It looks like it's likely due to the multiple versions of SQLite being used and the x64/x86 versions not being published appropriately for the new version (1.0.110.0)

BTW, this did not work when I replaced it with 1.0.109.0 - my guess it has to do with the changes to the library pre-loader introduced in 1.0.91.0.

I now know that this happens because SQL Prompt uses version 1.0.85.0 and Search uses 1.0.110.0, but tries to use the Prompt version of SQLite.Interop.DLL. So as long as both Prompt and Search use the same version, it will work fine. 

Looks like an integration testing problem! Prompt and Search both work fine alone, but if you install both of them then Search breaks.
    Very nice solution, thanks full
    La solucion consiste en copiar el archivo System.Data.SQLite.dll de la ruta "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 6"  ( esta ruta es en la que tienen instalado el SQL Prompt) y pasarla a la ruta "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Search" ( esta ruta es en la que tienen instalado el SQL Search) y reinician los servicios del sql server o reinician la pc.
  • EttoreEttore Posts: 2 New member
    edited February 7, 2020 1:41PM
    I had to do some more work.

Infact, Vivan help it eliminated the log error concerning the System.data.SQlite.dll but all the same, indexing was too much fast and Sql Search was still not returning any result.

Eventually I looked for indexes files created by Sql Search while indexing each database, I found them inside C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQLSearch 3\Indexes folder, I deleted them since they had an old "Date modified", I got back to Sql Search in SSMS and I pressed Reindex (Ctrl-Alt-D)

I observed that my indexes file were recreated and Sql Search finally worked.

Ettore