Options

Sync just some field in results

fraudh8erfraudh8er Posts: 18
edited October 13, 2004 9:35AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Not sure how to explain this one, so I will just give an example. I do my compare and I get one table that has 2 differences between teh 2 databases. The problem is that one of the differences is the same field in the table, the program just says they are difference because they are positioned different. One has the said field at the top of the list and the other at the bottom. But there is a field missing form db2, and I need to add it. Is there a way to tell teh program to sync without adding that field to the db again. Hopefully that made the smallest amount of sense.
"On the Road of Life there are Passengers and Drivers, Which Are You....?"

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Crystal clear! All you need to do is clear the 'Force column order to be identical' option. That will cause the software to stop considering the column order of your tables as well as creating a migration script that alters the table to append new columns to the end rather than rebuilding the table.
  • Options
    I see what you mean, I turned it on and noticed a difference. Then turned it back off and say the synch numbers go down because it was not looking at that. For some reason I still have one field in one table that doesnt want to pay attention to that option. Apparently it is special or something, not sure. Honestly doesnt make any sense. Well I guess it is 2 fields in 2 tables, but whatever, I suppose I can get around that, the problem would lie in if I did a bigger database and had more of this problem?

Any thoughts..?
    "On the Road of Life there are Passengers and Drivers, Which Are You....?"
This discussion has been closed.