Options

Resetting Options to the Original Set

BSoversBSovers Posts: 3
edited February 22, 2007 5:31AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
Sorry for the lame question, but is there a way to reset the Refactor formatting to the original options?

:oops: I've already figured out how to screw them up and save the screwed up option settings!

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

The options sets are saved in your profile, for instance
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Refactor\Options

On a clean installation, there are no files in the directory, so I'd assume that moving any files out of there would put the program back to 'factory' settings.
  • Options
    I tried what you asked, and I'm not sure that ALL was reset to "Factory Defaults" When I refactored a chunk of code, it did not apply any wrapping:

FROM OPENXML(@i, 'DocumentElement/NEWPOST',2)
    WITH ( ID VARCHAR(36), SITEURL NVARCHAR(400), PERMALINK NVARCHAR(400), POSTEDDT NVARCHAR(50), AUTHORNAME NVARCHAR(200), AUTHORLINK NVARCHAR(240), FOUNDDT NVARCHAR(50) )

all came out on 2 lines

Also, there does not seem to be any options which break the WITH... statement into multiple lines.
  • Options
    The 'SQL Refactor Defaults' set in the options sets tab of the options dialog can always be used to restore the factory defaults: it's not possible to overwrite these options.

Regarding the OPENXML issue you're having: Refactor doesn't presently consider this as a candidate for wrapping - actually, it will treat the whole clause as a candidate but not the individual parts of the WITH clause. This behaviour usually produces good results for table elements, but this is a case where it obviously doesn't. I've added this as a bug to our issue tracking system.
    Andrew Hunter
    Software Developer
    Red Gate Software Ltd.