Does Ants Performance Profiler support profiling Classic ASP applications?

My web application starts with a .aspx page from IIS web server.. for e.g.: http://<ipaddr>/myapp

After clicking one link from the home.aspx page, it launches a new window where classic asp pages are loaded which involve DB calls. In a profiling bookmark slice, it says xx.x seconds are spent in database calls; but when I select database calls, I see message saying no DB calls seen and you need to enable SQL profiling. In my session, SQL profiling is already enabled and I was able to see DB calls when I profiled a Angular-WebAPI application.

Same I see for client requests too, where no requests to server are shown.

Does Ants Performance Profiler support profiling Classic ASP applications?

Thanks and regards,
Louis
Tagged:

Answers

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @lkurian,

Thanks for your post.

ANTS Performance Profiler can only profile managed .NET code, so it doesn't support Classic ASP, I'm sorry to say. :/

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Hm, with that though, I don't think it should be picking up on any SQL calls made from the Classic ASP, so it's odd that it seemed to be. To confirm, are the database calls made via Classic ASP?

• lkurianlkurian Posts: 2 New member
    Yes, from classic ASP pages using VB code.
    Hi @lkurian!

That is odd, and we'll likely need to look at the results file to get a better idea of what's going on. If you have a supported license, can you please send a copy of your profiler results to support@red-gate.com to open a ticket?

Thank you!