Error reading from journal - invalid status marker read

valthordruzinvalthordruzin Posts: 9 Bronze 1
edited February 20, 2019 10:44AM in Source Control for Oracle
When trying to refresh an existing Oracle source control project , I get the following error:
Error reading from journal - invalid status marker read: <path>\Generic\Journal\Journal-4

Any workarounds around this ?

Best Answer

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    edited February 22, 2019 2:41PM Answer ✓
    Hi @JonAsgeir,

Great stuff thanks for confirming!

Adding this here for clarity from my previous reply that helped:

If you navigate to the specified folder path do you see an entry Journal-4?  If it does exist there, if you close the Source Control for Oracle application, then move the specified file out to a different location and restart the application does it recreate it and/or succeed at that point?

Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

• Hi @valthordruzin,

I've not seen that error before I'm afraid.  I've tried to see what populates into the Journal subfolder, but when I linked and committed with working folder and SVN as a quick test nothing appeared.

What source control system are you linking to?  If you navigate to the specified folder path do you see an entry Journal-4?  If it does exist there, if you close the Source Control for Oracle application, then move the specified file out to a different location and restart the application does it recreate it and/or succeed at that point?

If that doesn't work, if you recreate the project does it then work?

If none of that helps, please let me know what source control system you are using and the version of Source Control for Oracle, and also, please submit the error report with your email address if you have not already so we can identify it in our system.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • JonAsgeirJonAsgeir Posts: 2 New member
    Removing the file did the trick :)
    Regards
    Jon Asgeir Einarsson