SQL Compare - Interactive HTML Report does not show onlyin1 and onlyin2 differences

I am comparing a database and a source control folder. Then I am trying to create a report.

There is a discrepancy between Interactive HTML Report and XML report I generate from SQL Compare.

Both reports show the modified objects and identical objects.

However, the XML report shows objects that are not in the database but in the source code folder, and the objects that are in the database but not in the source code folder. (The xml entries show the difference status as status="onlyın1" or status="onlyın2").

On the other hand, the Interactive HTML report does not show any of these. 

What am I doing wrong? Does Interactive HTML report have a bug?

I see that Interactive HTML report has "Added" and "Removed" categories. So I expected onlyin1 differences to show up as Removed and onlyin2 differences as Added.

Please help.
Tagged:

Best Answer

  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,698 Rose Gold 5
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, thank you for your reply.

    Using both V13.6.11.8947 and after upgrading to the recently released 13.7.0.920, I am unable to reproduce the reported problem with the objects with differences option selected.  See the image below.
    What version of SQL Compare are you using? 
    Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: [email protected]

Answers

  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,698 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

    What options have you selected when generating the Interactive HTML Report?  Have you selected 'Objects with differences' option or 'Objects selected for deployment' option?


    Eddie Davis
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: [email protected]
  • I tried all possible options without much luck:
    -  objects with differences
    - objects selected for deployment
    -  objects with differences and also include identical objects
    - objects selected for deployment and also include identical objects

    None of the html reports generated contain neither onlyin1 nor only2 differences. On the other hand, the xml report contains them.
     
  • I am using "SQL Compare Command Line V13.6.11.8947"
  • I checked this again and it looks like now they are included. I must have upgraded my version after I made the post above. I am glad the recent versions fixed the issue.

    I do not remember what my version was before.

    Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.