Ignore NOT FOR REPLICATION

Gary KuipersGary Kuipers Posts: 5
I'm using SQL compare 5 v5.3.0.44

Have 2 databases whose structures must be kept synchronized.

One has NOT FOR REPLICATION on IDENTITY. The other one does not.

I understand that synchronizing the DB's structure will cause an ALTER.

What I need is to ignore "NOT FOR REPLICATION" if this is the ONLY difference in the structures when they show up on the differences Window.

Previous posts and searches were vague / less than helpful.

Please let me know if / how to do this.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Gary,

Sorry, but at the moment SQL Compare does not support ignoring the "NOT FOR REPLICATION" syntax. I have added a request to put this into a future version, however at the moment I cannot say when this may be.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • I've seen this issue come up repeatedly and as far back as 2004 in these forums. I've got hundreds of tables that I have to go through individually when I attempt to generate a change-script to check and see if there are any differences other than the "NOT FOR REPLICATION" option. Having the option to ignore that setting would be extremely useful.

I would be eternally grateful if this option was added in the very near future. In the meantime, has anyone found any kind of workaround for this, other than re-creating a copy of the database without replication?

Thanks,
    Chad
  • Hi All,
    Any update on this issue? This is causing real problems for our Prod compares and if we can't work around it I'm going to suggest we look for different software to do this with.
    Thanks
    David.
  • casadyc and icewharf,

Thank you for your comments, whilst this feature will not make it into the soon to be revealed beta, we will "consider" it for the final release. However, I cannot guarantee that it will make it.

I know that this must be frustrating but we have lots of requests for features and just cannot implement them all. We know that a lot of people out there want this feature, so if doesn't make the initial v6 release then we will put it in v6.1.

Sorry, not quite what you wanted to hear, but the best I say right now.

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Would like the NOT FOR REPLICATION filter. This issue has made SQL Compare difficult to use when dealing with replicated databases in SQL 2005. Please post a fix ASAP.

Thanks,
    BP ;>)
  • Ben,

We are working on implementing this feature at the moment it should be in version 6.1, the release date for this hasn't been confirmed just yet. But it should be sometime in the next month or two.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd