Options

SQL Data Compare - Command LIne Output File

I am comparing 2 databases via command line. When I execute the following command:
SQLDataCompare /project:"C:\CompareFiles\compare_AW1_AW2.sdc" /Include:table:[Users] /Out:"C:\Users\mthurman\Documents\outputlog.txt" /verbose

I get the following in my output log.txt:

Redgate Client capability version: 2 SQL Data Compare: trial, edition standard Loading synchronization parameters from project file: C:\CompareFiles\compare_AW1_AW2.sdc OK Comparing database (local)\SQLEXPRESS.AW1 with database (local)\SQLEXPRESS.AW2... Registering databases Mapping Comparing databases Finished

Summary Information
==================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
DB1 = (local)\SQLEXPRESS.AW1
DB2 = (local)\SQLEXPRESS.AW2

Object type     Name                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Records      DB1 DB2 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table           [dbo].[Users]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2  <>  <>  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK

The databases have differences and running the compare through the GUI will show what they are. This output log does not show that detail. What am I missing?

Thanks, Matt

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Tianjiao_LiTianjiao_Li Posts: 684 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Matt,

From the posted output I can see Data Compare has found two records exists in both DBs and they are different- this is working as expected. I'm afraid you'd have to use the GUI to view the details of the difference.  

Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers