Options

Intellisense doesn't work for all tables

andershandersh Posts: 2
edited February 16, 2007 7:07AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I've got a table named "ApplicationLog" that doesn't show up in the intellisense drop down list. It only suggests keywords. My other tables seems to be displayed correctly.
I've also experienced some similar problems with columns with the same name as keywords, like 'Id".
I guess it has something to do with the fact that the names are equal or similar to keywords?

Comments

• Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi there,

Names that are keywords should work fine. E.g. If you have a column called "table" you'll see the column and the keyword TABLE in the list, although not necessarily next to eachother.

I have a few suggestions about the missing ApplicationLog table that may or may not be helpful:

- Most likely SQL Prompt's cached schema information for the database in which ApplicationLog is out of date. On the main menu click on SQL Prompt > Cache Management. Find the database you're interested in and either delete it from the cache or click Refresh (better). If you're working with databases whose schemas change regularly I'd recommend checking the "Refresh the cache automatically" option. Doing this will mean that SQL Prompt will reload each database when it's first used after restarting your editor session.
    - Less likely but still possible is that you've USEd a different database somewhere else in your script, and then have selected the database with ApplicationLog in it from the database drop-down on the toolbar. SQL Prompt will always choose any USEd databases, assuming the caret is after the USE statement, in preference to anything you've selected from the drop-down.

If you're still having problems please get back in touch.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd