Can we publish the filter rules at enterprise level and publish to all developers

Can we publish the filter rules at enterprise level and publish to all developers
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @knanduru,

I'm not sure in what context you mean?  If you create the filter file using Source Control for Oracle, then you can send this file to whomever you want to use. 

It will be usable in Source Control for Oracle in the UI, and in Schema Compare for Oracle on the command line using the switch (see the documentation here):
    /filter:<filterfile.scpf>

If you mean the filter used in the UI for Schema Compare for Oracle, then you cannot share this directly, it is a part of the project file.

If you mean the new ignore rules to prevent objects from even entering the comparison, these can also be saved and shared.

If I have misunderstood your question please let me know and clarify as much as possible!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Both filters and ignore rules defined in Source Control for Oracle will be saved in the scope of a source control project, and therefore checked in and shared with the team. In the example below I have changed the ignore rules as well as a filter. As you can see, I'm being prompted to check these in. If you want to use the new ignore rules feature, which excludes objects prior to the comparison, make sure you have updated to version 5.2 or later.

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software