Turn Off Auto Select All

Is there an option to turn off the auto select all check box in the Commit and Get latest tabs?  If not, it would be nice to not have to remember to unselect check all so a user does not commit or get objects that other users are still working on.
Tagged:

Answers

• mrybamryba Posts: 8 New member
    I am currently using version 7.0.4.8725.  When I check for updates the program indicates that I am running the latest version.
  • We check all changes by default when you're configured to use a "dedicated" development model, and we uncheck all changes when you're configured to use a "shared" development model. You are seeing all items checked by default because you are using Git, which is a version control system that isn't well suited for shared use, and isn't a recommended way of using the tool. 

I'm guessing that you've considered a dedicated database approach but for some reason this isn't an option for you?
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software

David,

Thanks for the response and clarifying how it works between the two development models. 

We are using TFS along with the "dedicated" development model to suit our needs.  For instance we have one repo setup for each of our production servers and we tie the dev and test servers for that prod server to its repo.  Even though the servers are technically shared by all developers we have to use the dedicated model so we can get and push objects from dev to repo, repo to test then repo to production. 

Thanks

• So it's the absence of the "get latest" tab that prevents you from using the shared model?
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
    In essence yes but I would assume that without the absence of the "get latest" tab there wouldn't be much difference between the dedicated and shared model.
  • SQL Source Control isn't designed to be used in the way you are using it, which I guess involves repeatedly unlinking and relinking between environments you want to sync. SQL Compare (or the SQL Compare command line) is the tool designed for this, ideally orchestrated using a tool like Octopus Deploy. This way you can leave your dev environment permanently linked to your dev DB.

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software