How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Redgate Monitor causing Idera Compliance Manager to

I am using Redgate Monitor 7.1.15.10321 and we have just installed Idera Compliance Manager.   
Tagged:

Answers

• Ian_HIan_H Posts: 2 New member
    The Idera Compliance Manager tool is auditing logins on the SQL Server instances that Redgate Monitor is monitoring - and it can see that the service account that Redgate Monitor is using is constantly connecting/disconnecting from the SQL Server instances, sometimes 5 or 6 times a second. This is causing the Compliance Manager logs to get extremely unwieldy.  Is this normal/expected behavior? Is there any way of controlling this?   
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    edited November 26, 2018 8:45AM
    Hi Ian_H

As per support ticket #126533 you logged with the Product Support Team:

SQL Monitor does run a number of collection samplers and therefore I would expect a number of connections.  SQL Monitor does use built-in connection pooling so in theory that should keep the number of reconnections down.

Also I see that you are still using V7.1.15.10321.  Is there any reason for this, for example the need to monitor machines running on Windows 2013 Server?

I ask the above question as there is a security vulnerability in SQL Monitor that has now been resolved in V8.0.19, further reading is available via the link below:
    https://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sql-monitor/entrypage/security-vulnerability-october-2018

I recommend that you upgrade to V8.0.19 or later at your earliest convenience.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com