How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Unable to Connect using SQL Monitor

After installing SQL monitor, I could not connect to the web interface.  It was spinning for a long time trying to connect.  Looking at the error logs, it said "Unable to generate fully qualified URL as email settings have not been set up."  What does this mean and how can I fix it?  Help please!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited November 19, 2018 9:05AM
    This error means that you won't get email alerts, it won't prevent you from logging in to the SQL Monitor web UI.

I take it you didn't get any further? Do you get any errors in the developer tools console? Some details of your setup would also be useful.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    sqlsmurfsqlsmurf Posts: 3 New member
    edited November 19, 2018 3:13PM
    No I didn't get any further.  After the installation, I tried logging into the web interface and that's where it just sat there and spun.  I never could get to the SQL Monitor web UI.  I chose the option to install the monitoring service and web interface on the same computer.  I didn't get any errors during or after the installation.  The installer gave me a message that it installed successfully and to click on web interface to pull up the monitor. At that point, it opens up internet explorer using the website and just spins.  It doesn't say it can't reach it...it just spins.  I saw the "ERROR RedGate.SqlMonitor.UI.Website.ReportPoller [(null)] - Unable to generate fully qualified URL as email settings have not been set up" error under my applications and services log on the server under Red Gate Software.