Spam email from Tony Payne?

Just received this email from Tony Payne at Redgate which does not look legitimate to me. The text in bold were links to an external website which I have removed from the message. 

Has anyone else had this and is it legitimate? I cannot see anything official from the Redgate site. 

From: Tony Payne, Redgate [mailto:payne.tony@red-gate.com]
Sent: 16 October 2018 15:39
To: 
Subject: Security vulnerability in SQL Monitor

Hi

I’m contacting you to tell you that there is a security vulnerability in SQL Monitor and that we recommend you upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible. If you are not using SQL Monitor then you don't need to do anything.

As you are a supported customer you can do this immediately by downloading the update.

There is no evidence of this vulnerability being exploited in the wild, or of any data having been lost, and this is not a data breach.

The vulnerability only affects users who are tricked into visiting a malicious link or website.

The latest version of SQL Monitor patches this vulnerability. I strongly recommend you perform this update at your earliest convenience.

For more details, including instructions for updating to the patched version, please visit our website.

Thanks, and my apologies on behalf of Redgate.

Tony Payne

Chief Operating Officer,
Redgate Software

Tagged:

Comments