SQL backup pro

I just started a new job a few months ago and trying to talk management into using SQL Backup Pro for our backups. We have over 100TB of databases and using the built in SQL backups are having issues keeping up. The biggest problem is the company used to use Backup Pro (I think version 7) and it would sometimes go into a killed/rollback and would cause blocking. It would get stuck in that killed/rollback state until the SQL instance was restarted. 

Has anyone else had that issue and/or has it been resolved in the newer versions?

Thanks 
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi DaveJones,

As I understand the issue, the killed / rollback state hanging is SQL Server doing it's thing and from looking back through various issues it seems that the rollback may eventually occur, it just may take quite a while and people generally restart the server before that happens.

Having said that, without knowing what issue it may have been it's hard to say whether a fix has been implemented for it.  If they have any reference to the old issue you could contact us in support and refer to it and we may be able to provide some better information on the specific issue.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?