Options

A duplicate definition was found for the user 'username'

Hi, i have this problem when i'm going to make a commit or get latest with the source control, after showme the same error when i make the link to the repository. Someone has seen this error and knows its solution:

A duplicate definition was found for the user 'username'
Ensure that case sensitivity options are set correctly and all object creation scripts are valid.If the problem persists, contact Redgate support.

Greetings and thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Agustin890831

Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.  You posted a SQL Source Control question into the SQL Compare forum.

In my experience, the duplicate definition error may occur for the following two reasons:

• The source control repository has been modified manually outside of SQL Source Control and a script for the same object appears to be listed twice.  SQL Source Control does not like the repository being editied outside of using the tool and it is not recommended that you perform this action.
    As you are a supported customer, a support ticket has been created for you.  I will email you directly as I will require further information and log files to investigate further if the above information does not help you.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com