Options

ANTS Memory Profiler 10 failed to install

I was trying to install the ANTS memory profiler 10 for the first time in my windows 10 PC and it reports RedGateClient failed to start message no matter how many times I installed.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    JibeshJibesh Posts: 4 New member
    I tried everything I can.. 
    • Run As admin didnt work
    • normal run didnt work
    • restart PC didnt work
    • I am installing this through "DotNETDeveloperBundle.exe" bundle.
  • Options
    Can you check %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Red Gate\Shared Client to see if there is a file called ".rgupdate_bad...." ? If so, delete it and re-run the installation (make sure you right click on the installer and 'Run as Administrator')?

If that doesn't help could you confirm whether the service is listed in the registry or not under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RedgateClient?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    Russell D said:
    Can you check %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Red Gate\Shared Client to see if there is a file called ".rgupdate_bad...." ? If so, delete it and re-run the installation (make sure you right click on the installer and 'Run as Administrator')?

If that doesn't help could you confirm whether the service is listed in the registry or not under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RedgateClient?
    I dont see any of the above in my PC.

FYI - this is the first time I am trying to install ANTS profile in my PC and as I explained i have tried RunAs Administrator still same result.
  • Options
    Any update on this? I bought this and now i cannot use this package.
  • Options
    Did you get this sorted? The forum didn't notify me that you'd responded for some reason. If not probably best to email support directly.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?