The last version has lots of annoying bugs

Hi,
I'm a long long time user of .NET Reflector, which has still advantages over free alternatives to my eyes. However, I've installed the 9.2.0.117 and it raises *lots* of errors. With previous versions, we could send the error automatically, but this doesn't seem to be the case, so here are some stack frames (the first one occurs almost on every search which makes the product quite unusable).

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Reflector.Application.UserInterface.SearchWindow.Worker()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Unable to cast object of type 'Reflector.CodeModel.Assembly.MethodReturnType' to type 'Reflector.CodeModel.IParameterDeclaration'.
System.InvalidCastException
at Reflector.CodeModel.Assembly.Module.DecodeLiteralTable()
at Reflector.CodeModel.Assembly.Module.DecodeMetaData()
at Reflector.CodeModel.Assembly.Module.get_Types()
at Reflector.Application.TypeEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Reflector.Application.Browser.DerivedTypeInformation.EnsureAssemblyTransitiveClosureProcessed(ITypeReference typeReference)
at Reflector.Application.Browser.DerivedTypeInformation.GetDerivedTypes(ITypeReference typeReference)
at Reflector.Application.Browser.DerivedTypeItem.ExpandItem(TreeNode parentItem, ITypeDeclaration typeDeclaration, DerivedTypeInformation derivedTypeInformation)
at Reflector.Application.Browser.DerivedTypeItem.OnExpandItem(EventArgs e)
at Reflector.Application.Browser.AssemblyBrowserItem.PerformExpandItem()
at Reflector.Application.Browser.AssemblyTreeView.OnBeforeExpand(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnExpanding(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at Reflector.Application.Browser.AssemblyTreeView.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Goto statement target does not exist.
Reflector.Disassembler.Translator+ExpressionHandlingException
at Reflector.Disassembler.Translator.TranslateMethodDeclaration(IMethodDeclaration mD, IMethodBody mB, Boolean handleExpressionStack)
at Reflector.Disassembler.Translator.TranslateMethodDeclaration(IMethodDeclaration mD, IMethodBody mB)
at Reflector.Disassembler.Disassembler.TransformMethodDeclaration(IMethodDeclaration value)
at Reflector.Application.Translator.TranslateMethodDeclaration(IMethodDeclaration value)
at Reflector.Application.UserInterface.DisassemblerWindow.Render(Boolean expandTypes, Boolean expandMethods)

Comments

• The next release (out shortly) will replace the option to send the error report in.

In the meantime I'll look into these..
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • tivanyitivanyi Posts: 3 New member
    Russell D said:
    The next release (out shortly) will replace the option to send the error report in.

In the meantime I'll look into these..

Hi Russel,

I use 10.0.4.406 version and i got the "Goto statement target does not exist." exception constantly.
    May i ask you about this exception and how to solve it, or which version i should use?

thanks,
    Tamas

• Can you try in the latest release with the new translation engine?
    I see there is a 10.0.8.814 version but with the Download button the I got the 10.0.7.774 version.

• Run check for updates from within Reflector.
  • simon_mouriersimon_mourier Posts: 3 New member
    Hi there,

I have tested version 10.0.8.814, with the new decompilation engine, and it seems to be better than before (faster resolution, etc.), and less bugs. But there are still some bugs, for example:

Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
    System.InvalidOperationException
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

The problem with the way these bugs are reported (with a modal dialog), is they interrupt the current action. Most of the time, I'm searching among lots of assemblies and if it fails in the middle, than there's now way I can tell it to continue. This is kind of a showstopper. If we had like a 'continue' button, it would be nice. Or the error could be logged or displayed somewhere while the process continues to do its work.
  • @simon_mourier can you update to 10.0.10 and let us know your experience please?
    Russell D said:
    Run check for updates from within Reflector.

Hi Russel,
    i run the update to the 10.0.10.881 version and got the same exception "Goto statement target does not exist.". Is there any other way to solve this exception?
    thanks
  • It will still exist when Reflector can't match the patterns properly - can you share your code?
  • I have 10.0.10.881 and still have the following error:

Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
    System.InvalidOperationException