Scripts running to completion when test time expires

dwhalendwhalen Posts: 4
edited October 8, 2004 12:14PM in ANTS Load
Will any active test scripts run to completion when the test time expires?

I have created a script to place a simple order on an e-commerce site. During the one minute test time, the script typically creates 3 orders. The site sets a LoggedIn database flag when the user successfully logs in and clears it when they logout by clicking the Logout button. If the browser is closed for any reason without logging out, the flag is not reset, and the user cannot lag in. The flag has to be manually reset by an admin or automatically resets after 30 mins.

What it appears is happening is that the test time expires in the middle of my script and the Logout at the end of the script is not being executed. So the session teminiates without logging the user off. When I go to the site to verify the script ran correctly at the end of the test, the LoggedIn flag is still set and the account is locked out.

2 questions:

1. Is this an accurate description of what happens when test time expires?

2. If true, is there any way to force a script to be completed when test time expires?

Thanks!
Dave

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi David,

When ANTS Load's test timer elapses, it will wait up to 30 seconds for the next web method in the script to run before terminating the script. That means that the scripts do get terminated when the timer expires and may not finish running at the end of the test.
This discussion has been closed.