How do you stop auto-refresh when switching query windows

Having waited for results to come back in source-control pane, if it then switch query windows to open up the objects found say, and then return back to the source control window i find that i have provoked it to do another comparison. As nothing has changed i'm going to get back the same results i already had but i have to wait for the same results to be calculated each time i return to source-control. Is there an option to prevent this auto-refreshing going on?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

I am afraid that currently there is not an options to change that behavior.
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • kalokalo Posts: 82 Bronze 5
    Thanks for response Sergio.

I maybe mis-remembering but i thought it did use to behave this way on a previous version and only auto-refreshed if you switched databases (so refresh necessary), and that's why there is an explicit 'Refresh' hyperlink under the Commit button.

Either way is there no demand for this behaviour to be in source-control application? (ie, can i vote somewhere?)
  • kalokalo Posts: 82 Bronze 5
    Hi Sergio,

it's not just when I switch databases that an auto-refresh happens : that refresh i understand because you have changed the context .

What thwarts me is that if i switch query windows even within the same database i'm looking at in source-control that it still makes an unnecessary auto-refresh. i have however found that if i move the source-control query out into it's own tab-group or out into it's own window then i can navigate the database objects in a different tab-group without provoking the source-control results to refresh.

Thanks, i will post a suggestion when i get chance.