Octopus Tentacle Error - DLM-Automation not installed - Yet it is

AntAnt Posts: 17 Bronze 1
Hi,
I have an octopus server set up to deploy to a tentacle on another server and the tentacle is complaining that DLM automation is not installed, which I suppose it isn't as I have now switched to SQL Change Management as requested.  Is there anything I need to change now the DLM Automation tools have moved to a new path?

The process worked before I changed to SQL Change Management.

cheers,
Anthony
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Anthony,

Sorry about that. We are currently working on a fix to the step templates that will address this issue. In the mean time you can modify the step template by going to Library > Step Templates and selecting our template for edit. Then replace the following line
    $dlmAutomationModule = Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name DLMAutomation

with

$dlmAutomationModule = Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name SQLChangeAutomation
    Peter Gerrard

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • AntAnt Posts: 17 Bronze 1
    Yep I eventualy found this, I also need to change the 
    Import-Module DLMAutomation
    to SQLChangeAutomation
    Is there any way to change the template without ceating a copy?
  • As it stands no. I was remembering this from an older version of Octopus.

Aplogies.
    Peter Gerrard

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
    I found a way to do it. 
    Update [dbo].[ActionTemplate]
    SET json = REPLACE (REPLACE([JSON],'Import-Module DLMAutomation','Import-Module SQLChangeManagement'),'Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name DLMAutomation','Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name SQLChangeManagement')
    where [Id] = 'ActionTemplates-1'
  • That's great to hear. Hope it all works for you now.
    Peter Gerrard

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
    Actual changes required are :
    Update [dbo].[DeploymentProcess]
    SET json = REPLACE (REPLACE(REPLACE([JSON],'Cannot find DLM Automation','Cannot find SQL Change Management'),'Import-Module DLMAutomation','Import-Module SqlChangeAutomation'),'Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name DLMAutomation','Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name SqlChangeAutomation')
    where [Id] = 'deploymentprocess-Projects-1'
    Update [dbo].[ActionTemplate]
    SET json = REPLACE (REPLACE(REPLACE([JSON],'Cannot find DLM Automation','Cannot find SQL Change Automation'),'Import-Module DLMAutomation','Import-Module SQLChangeAutomation'),'Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name DLMAutomation','Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name SQLChangeAutomation')
    where [Id] = 'ActionTemplates-1'