Support for temporal tables

I am trying to do a POC of ReadyRoll Core Edition. After the initial import of the database I try to do a build of the project but I am getting the error:
Expected FILESTREAM but encountered GENERATED instead. the error takes me to a table with system versioning enabled 

the create table look something like:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Table1]
(
[Id] [int] NOT NULL IDENTITY(1, 1),
[StartTime] [datetime2] GENERATED ALWAYS AS ROW START HIDDEN NOT NULL,
[EndTime] [datetime2] GENERATED ALWAYS AS ROW END HIDDEN NOT NULL,
PERIOD FOR SYSTEM_TIME (StartTime, EndTime),
CONSTRAINT [PK_Table1] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED  ([Id])
)
WITH
(
SYSTEM_VERSIONING = ON (HISTORY_TABLE = [history].[Table1])
)
GO

the error is on the line with StartTime column. Any ideas how to get this to work? (or workaround this)

Regards,

Arthur Baan
Tagged:

Best Answer

• dnlnlndnlnln Posts: 234 Gold 2
    Hi Arthur,

Sorry to hear you've run into a problem with importing your database. Would you mind confirming which  Target platform is selected in your project file? This can be done by opening the project designer (right-click Project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties).

Either of the Azure options should work. If you needed to change the selection, you may need to close and re-open the project in order for the setting to take effect within IntelliSense, but the project should then build successfully.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software

Answers

• Arthur_BaanArthur_Baan Posts: 3 New member
    :)  this did the trick. It was set to SQL Server 2012. I have changed it to the actual target: SQl Server 2016 and the build succeeds now. 
  • Arthur_BaanArthur_Baan Posts: 3 New member
    : this did the trick. It was set to SQL Server 2012. I have changed it to the actual target SQl Server 2016 and the build succeeds now.
  • That's great Arthur, thanks for confirming.

Just a heads-up that there's a slight chance you may encounter an error when attempting to deploy your temporal tables outside of Visual Studio. However we're working on a resolution and will update this thread once a fix has been prepared.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Quick update: A fix for the Target platform setting has been implemented and will be included in the next SQL Change Automation release.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software