Options

Offline Schema-Model Issues

wcullerwculler Posts: 16 Bronze 1
This issue just crept up today and appears to have started happening after the latest update.

Message = Could not synchronize Offline Schema Model: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index.
Data = System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
InnerException = System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.FileGroups.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.PartitionScheme.<CompareWith>d__26.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.PartitionScheme.Equals(IDatabaseObject targetObject, ComparisonContext context)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.ScriptableDatabaseObject.Equals(IDatabaseObject target, Options options)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.DatabaseCollaborators.DirectObjectsComparison.ProcessDatabaseObject[T](Differences differences, IDatabaseObjects`1 targetObjects, Options options, DatabaseMapper dbmapper, IDatabaseObject t1, ProgressTracker progressTracker)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.DatabaseCollaborators.DirectObjectsComparison.<>c__DisplayClass9_0`1.<PopulateDifferences>b__0(IDatabaseObject t1)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass42_0`2.<PartitionerForEachWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object )
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.DatabaseCollaborators.DirectObjectsComparison.PopulateDifferences[T](Differences differences, IDatabaseObjects`1 objects, IDatabaseObjects`1 targetObjects, Options options, DatabaseMapper dbmapper, ProgressTracker progressTracker)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.DatabaseCollaborators.DirectObjectsComparison.PopulateDifferences(Differences differences, ICancellable subscriber)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.DatabaseComparison.CompareDatabases(Database source, Database target, Options options, SqlCompareOwnerMappings ownerMappings, SqlCompareTableMappings tableMappings)
   at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.CompareWith(Database targetDatabase, Nullable`1 optionsParam, SqlCompareOwnerMappings ownerMappings, SqlCompareTableMappings tableMappings)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Comparison.SqlCompare.SqlCompareDatabase.CompareWith(Database other, IComparisonOptions options, IComparisonFilterSettings comparisonFilterSettings)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Comparison.SqlCompare.SqlCompareDatabase.CompareWith(IDatabase other, IComparisonOptions options, IComparisonFilterSettings comparisonFilterSettings)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Core.DatabaseRefresh.ProjectComparisonService.CompareDatabaseWithProject(IDatabaseProject databaseProject, ProjectSyncType syncType, IDatabase sourceDb, IDatabase projectDbFolder, IEnumerable`1 pendingChanges, IEnumerable`1 supportedObjectTypes, IComparisonOptions options, DirectoryInfo destinationFolder)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Core.DatabaseRefresh.ProjectComparisonService.CompareWithProject(IDatabaseProject databaseProject, ProjectSyncType syncType, IEnumerable`1 pendingChanges, DirectoryInfo destinationFolder, IEnumerable`1 supportedObjectTypes, Boolean markAsDeployed, DatabaseConnectionInfo syncSource)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Core.DatabaseRefresh.DatabaseProjectSynchronization.SyncDatabaseWithProject(IDatabaseProject databaseProject, ProjectSyncType syncType, IEnumerable`1 pendingChanges, DatabaseConnectionInfo syncSource, IList`1& newFiles, IList`1& modifiedFiles)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Core.DatabaseRefresh.DatabaseRefresh.SyncOfflineSchemaWithProject(IDatabaseProject databaseProject, IList`1& newFiles, IList`1& modifiedFiles, Exception& offlineSchemaThreadException)
TargetSite = System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyCollection`1[RedGate.Versioning.Core.PendingChanges.IPendingChange] Refresh(RedGate.Versioning.Core.VersioningProject.IDatabaseProject, System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyCollection`1[RedGate.Versioning.Core.PendingChanges.IPendingChange], Boolean, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[System.IO.FileInfo] ByRef, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[System.IO.FileInfo] ByRef, System.String, System.IO.FileInfo)
StackTrace =    at RedGate.Versioning.Core.DatabaseRefresh.DatabaseRefresh.Refresh(IDatabaseProject databaseProject, IReadOnlyCollection`1 inputPendingChanges, Boolean doDataCompare, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IList`1& newFiles, IList`1& modifiedFiles, String sourceDatabaseName, FileInfo sourceSnap)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VsShell.VisualStudio.PendingChangeModel.CompareSandboxToProject()
   at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VsShell.VisualStudio.PendingChangeModel.<CompareSandboxToProjectAsync>d__77.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VsShell.VisualStudio.Commands.RefreshCommand.<ExecuteAsync>d__14.MoveNext()
HelpLink = 
Source = RedGate.Versioning.Core.DatabaseRefresh
HResult = -2146233088
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you've run into a problem with updating the Schema-Model folder.

Would it be possible to zip your project and send it to me so I can try reproducing the issue? Feel free to send me a private message on here, or alternatively, email support@red-gate.com and mention this thread.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    dnlnln said:
    I'm sorry to hear that you've run into a problem with updating the Schema-Model folder.

Would it be possible to zip your project and send it to me so I can try reproducing the issue? Feel free to send me a private message on here, or alternatively, email support@red-gate.com and mention this thread.
    Unfortunately, there are quite a few objects in the project that I cannot share due to the nature of our business.  I will say that I did move to SQL Change Automation and the same issue persists.  Is there something else I can do to help you look into it?
  • Options
    wculler said:
    dnlnln said:

Unfortunately, there are quite a few objects in the project that I cannot share due to the nature of our business.  I will say that I did move to SQL Change Automation and the same issue persists.  Is there something else I can do to help you look into it?
    I found a work around just now.  I deleted the whole Offline Schema model directory structure and then refreshed.  It recreated everything without the error referenced in my original post.
  • Options
    dnlnlndnlnln Posts: 234 Gold 2
    edited June 21, 2018 5:44AM
    I'm glad to hear you found a workaround for the bug.

I appreciate the sensitivity of the db project information to your business. If it happens again and/or if you're able to come up with a sample project without sensitive information that replicates the problem (perhaps based on a before-and-after diff of the affected files in source control), that would definitely help us to investigate the issue further.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software