Application performance

Is there a limit on the number of objects that the application can handle and still be performant.

My refresh of my project showed me 22000 objects and the refreshing process took at least 1 hour.

I reopen my project and it restarted the refresh process.

Will the refresh be more efficient if i commit my changes ?

Thanks for your help.
Tagged:

Answers

• Do all 22000 objects need to be in version control? If you can manage with a subset, we have an upcoming filtering feature that excludes objects so they don't need to be read into the tool and compared, which takes a lot of the time.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Thanks for your qucik response.

A subset would be possible but it will still be probably 20 000 objects
  • Please use this link to get the preview build and instructions to try out the pre-filtering feature and let us know how much the improvement is. I believe that the refresh will be quicker once it's checked in. 
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • philthethrill99philthethrill99 Posts: 4 New member
    edited July 6, 2018 3:14PM
    Sorry for the late response but the link for preview build provided is no longer working. I'm still with a trial version. Is that an issue to have the preview build ?
  • Sorry for the late response but the link for preview build provided is no longer working. I'm still with a trial version. Is that an issue to have the preview build ?
    Apologies for this. The link was old - I've updated it now.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • philthethrill99philthethrill99 Posts: 4 New member
    Thanks for the update.
    In the Source Control app, i selected "Tables" filter only and put a single table in my json file.
    In the logs, i still see queries about other kinds of objects (Triggers, Packages, ...)
    Is there a way to avoid that ?
    Should i put all types of objects in the json file with an emtyp list?

Thanks for your support.
  • David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,431 Rose Gold 2
    edited July 9, 2018 4:06PM
    The following should work.

{
      "filters": {
        "table": [
          "^ABC\w+",
          "example_table_1",
          "example_table_2"
        ]
        }
    }

If you leave the other entries in the file, you can set the values as the empty string. eg:

"trigger": [
          ""
        ]

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software