Distribution List needs "wildcard" support

One of my environments has hundreds of customer databases on each server. With other RedGate products such as SQL Backup Pro, this isn't a problem--I can set backups to all user databases or all system, or pick databases to exclude, etc.

Adding that capability would make this a go-to product for us, instead of the "last-resort" status it has now. 

Tagged:

Comments

• RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @Jason Hannas

Thanks for your post. 

I will make sure that your suggestion is forwarded on to our Dev team for Multi Script. 

Kind regards

Richard Lynch
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Jason

Your feature request has been added to an existing request whose reference is SE-629.

I cannot guarantee the success of this feature request.  Hopefully it will receive approval and appear in a later version of the product.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Jason HannasJason Hannas Posts: 41 Bronze 3
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing it--would make this tool useful for that team.
  • cfendrickcfendrick Posts: 15 Bronze 2
    You can right click on the instance and use the Select ALL Databases on this SQL Server.  Now hold the CTRL key and deselect the databases you don't want in the list and Add them.

Additionally, you can expand the server and hold the SHIFT key and move the mouse to scroll to the bottom and click on the last user database.  They will all be selected and you can add them to the Distribution List.  I'm on an older 1.3 version but that has been my go too way to select lots of things for years.