Options

Rebaseline Migration with ReadyRoll Core

AmackScottAmackScott Posts: 1 New member
I am following the directions from https://documentation.red-gate.com/rr1/key-concepts/re-baselining-your-database-project and I am having problems with step 6 under option B. Re-Baseline your project by "compressing" migrations. 

The issue in step 6 is after deleting all of the files in the migration folders I get an error message below

Message= Baselining enabled but no baseline migrations or programmable objects found
Data = System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
InnerException = TargetSite = Void Validate (RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Api.Filesystem.ProjectFileSystemInfo, RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Api.VersioningProject.Scripts) 
StackTrack = at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Interaction.ProjectManipulation.Baseline.BaselnieValidator.Validate(ProjectFileSystemInfo projectFileSystemInfro, Scripts scripts) at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Interaction.ProjectManipulation.MigrationLoad.ScriptsLoader.LoadScripts(ProjectFileSystemInfo projectFileSystemInfo) at RedGate.Versioning.Core.MsBuild.VersioningProject.DatabaseProjectFactory.CreateDatabaseProject(String projectDirectoryPath, DatabaseConnectionInfo sandboxDatabaseProperties, DatabaseConnectionInfo shadowDatabaseProperties, DatabaseProjectSettings settings) at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VisualStudio.ProjectSelection.SelectProjectService.LoadProject(String projectDirectoryPath, DatabaseConnectionInfo targetConnProperties, DatabaseConnectionInfo shadowConnProperties, DatabaseProjectSettings settings) at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VisualStudio.ProjectSelection.SelectProjectService.LoadProjectFile(String projectFilePath, DatabaseConnectionInfo targetConnection, DatabaseConnectionInfo shadowConnection, DatabaseProjectSettings settings) at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VisualStudio.ProjectSelect.SelectProjectService.LoadProject(Project project) at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VisualStudio.ProjectSelection.SelectProjectService.LoadDefaultProject()
HelpLink = 
Source = 
RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Interaction.ProjectManipulation HResult = -2146233088

I have tried removing all files and leaving the folders, and deleting everything under migrations I get the same result. 

I have removed just the baseline

How do I recreate the baseline script based on the current configuration of the database? 

Thank you for your time, 
Scott

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @AmackScott

Thanks for your post. 

This looks like something a support engineer could look in to for you. If you have a support contract then please send us a ticket 

Kind regards

Richard Lynch. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this bug. The development team has been able to reproduce the error and is now working on a fix. I'll post an update once a fix is available (hopefully within the next day or so).
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    wcullerwculler Posts: 16 Bronze 1
    Has this been resolved?  I'm having the same issue and it is quite the showstopper.
  • Options
    Apologies for neglecting to update this thread. A fix for this issue was included in an update on 30th May.

If you continue to experience this issue, please open Help... About and confirm that Visual Studio has ReadyRoll 1.17.18150 or later installed.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    No problem.

I do have the latest and it is still having the same issue.
  • Options
    wculler said:
    No problem.

I do have the latest and it is still having the same issue.
    Just to confirm the circumstances of the issue, are you experiencing in the error within the project designer (i.e. does the error occur when you right-click the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties), or perhaps in a slightly different context?
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    After deleting any migrations and refreshing ReadyRoll within Visual Studio, no new migration script is created and it throws the error noted in the first post in this thread.
  • Options
    dnlnlndnlnln Posts: 234 Gold 2
    edited June 6, 2018 4:03AM
    wculler said:
    After deleting any migrations and refreshing ReadyRoll within Visual Studio, no new migration script is created and it throws the error noted in the first post in this thread.
    Thank you for the clarification, I'll need to investigate to determine why the error occurs in this context (it may be part of new by-design behaviour that should have been reflected in a documentation update).

In the interim, you can work-around the problem with the following steps:
    1. Right-click the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties to open the project designer
    2. On the Project Settings tab, under Baselining, uncheck Mark first folder as baseline
    3. Close and re-open the solution.
    4. Perform Re-baselining your database project steps per the documentation
    5. In the project designer, check Mark first folder as baseline
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    dnlnln said:
    wculler said:
    Thank you for the clarification, I'll need to investigate to determine why the error occurs in this context (it may be part of new by-design behaviour that should have been reflected in a documentation update).

In the interim, you can work-around the problem with the following steps:
    1. Right-click the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties to open the project designer
    2. On the Project Settings tab, under Baselining, uncheck Mark first folder as baseline
    3. Close and re-open the solution.
    4. Perform Re-baselining your database project steps per the documentation
    5. In the project designer, check Mark first folder as baseline
    That workaround appears to have solved the problem.  Thanks alot.