Where is the setup tab?

Hi, brand new user here, so here's a "born yesterday" type of question.

I have this error:

SQL Source Control is disabled because you have another Management Studio window open.

To enable SQL Source Control in multiple windows, in the Setup tab, under Global options, select Allow SQL Source Control to open in multiple Management Studio windows.

For the record, I only have one SSMS window open, and only one SSMS.exe process running on my PC, so the error is just plain wrong, as far as I know. I restarted my PC about an hour ago. That's not the question.

My question is, what is this Setup tab? I don't see that anywhere. I don't know how to find it.
Tagged:

Answers

• Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

Having SQL Compare open can cause that as well, so please check that.

Assuming you are using a recent version, this option is no longer on the Setup tab, it has now been moved to the Options menu in the top right corner (the setup tab is on the top as well on the left side nearest to the center):

I apologise for the misleading message, I will see that gets corrected in subsequent releases.
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • MrNateMrNate Posts: 2 New member
    Thanks for your response. I do have the latest version. I installed it yesterday and ran an update after I opened it the first time. As you see from this image, I don't have an options menu, just an error. I did have SQL Compare open. I closed it, closed SQL Source Control and I still received this message.

So now for the good news. After closing SQL Compare, I restarted SSMS and the options menu is available again. Consider this a bug report. The instructions direct me to an options view that was inaccessible.