Disk Space Requirements for Oracle Data Compare

In the Documentation for SQL Data Compare the following are included in the Troubleshooting section of the software:

"You need roughly twice the size of the database for the comparison and up to four times the size of the database to generate the deployment SQL."

Can you confirm and let me know if the same disk space requirements are true for Oracle Data Compare?

Is this published anywhere on your website that i can reference back to?

Cheers

DJ
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi DJ

I can confirm that the same disk space requirements are true for Data Compare for Oracle.

Both SQL Data Compare and Data Compare for Oracle in the background operate in the same manner, when performing the comparison. 

So the comment in the troubleshooting section of SQL Data Compare help documentation:

"You need roughly twice the size of the database for the comparison and up to four times the size of the database to generate the deployment SQL."

Is true for Data Compare for Oracle.  Sadly this is not documented in the help documentation for Data Compare for Oracle.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com

Answers

• DJ_WilsonDJ_Wilson Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    Any Feedback on this would be appreciated!
  • DJ_WilsonDJ_Wilson Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    Eddie D said:
    Hi DJ

I can confirm that the same disk space requirements are true for Data Compare for Oracle.

Both SQL Data Compare and Data Compare for Oracle in the background operate in the same manner, when performing the comparison. 

So the comment in the troubleshooting section of SQL Data Compare help documentation:

Is true for Data Compare for Oracle.  Sadly this is not documented in the help documentation for Data Compare for Oracle.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Thanks Eddie!

Appreciate the answer!

Cheers

DJ