How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Missing "Login Name" and "Program Name" to top queries

babobabo Posts: 3 New member
Hey,
we are using SQL Monitor 8. I am missing the information of "Login Name" and "Program Name" in the top queries section. That would be very helpful. In the documentation of SQL Monitor 6 I found following release note:

Version 6.0.10 - October 31st, 2016

This release contains a number of minor enhancements, including:

• Added "Login Name" and "Program Name" to top queries

Was this deleted in Version 8 ? Or am I missing something?

Best regards
babo
Tagged:

Answers

• Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited April 24, 2018 1:30PM
    No, this was not deleted, it is in the Query Details. Expand down the particular Query you're interested in.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • babobabo Posts: 3 New member
    edited April 24, 2018 1:55PM
    Hi,
    thanks for your help.
    I only can see "Login Name" and "Program Name" in the table of waits, but only if there are wait information. When there are not wait information there is no info about the "Login Name" and "Program Name". I also don't understand what the "Login Name" has to do with the Waits, it belongs to the query / session.

• babobabo Posts: 3 New member
    edited April 24, 2018 2:23PM
    RichardL said:
    Hi @babo

Thanks for your post. 

Could you send a screenshot (without sensitive info of course) of what you're seeing please? 
    Also, are you on the latest of the V8s? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Richard Lynch. 
    Hi RichardL,
    I already posted a screenshot of the Query Details. Do you need further information?
    We are running Version 8.0.4.12548
  • babothebabothe Posts: 2 New member
    Hi,
    I am waiting on a response since 2 years...
    Still having this problem that often no Login Name is displayed which is very important to identify the source of the sql query.

Currently running on version 11.0.2
  • don_dondon_don Posts: 7 New member
    edited January 26, 2021 4:13PM
    I came to the forums today to ask this very question before opening a ticket.  I'm pretty sure I'm just missing it somewhere and need a nudge in the correct direction.  Red-Gate - any help?

ETA:  For clarification, it looks like the login is captured for a system-canned alert in a couple of places; my question is for custom metric collection / alerting; how do I reproduce this feature for custom metric collection?