Options

I can not register. The following picture sis all that shows up.

Answers

• Options
    Sorry. Not good. What version of SSMS and what version of SQL Prompt are you experiencing this with?
  • Options
    ScottcScottc Posts: 2 New member
    I have a similar issue in that when i want to register it asks for a serial number and all i have is a product key.  putting in my product key does not work.  i have submitted numerous IT help tickets, but it appears to not actually accept them as none of them ever show in my 'my requests' section. does anyone know of phone number i can call? i have been trying for weeks to find a way to contact redgate but call i can find is the website to submit a ticket to that doesnt seem to work.
  • Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @Scottc

Thanks for your post. 

What type of product key are you attempting to put in? 
    Please don't post any key in here but ours take the following format: XXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXXX

In order to use the product you'll need the serial key in that format plus a Redgate ID, which can be created in 1/2 minutes from my link below. 

https://www.red-gate.com/Dynamic/account/Serials

I hope this helps. 

Richard. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    ScottcScottc Posts: 2 New member
    @RichardL , this did help thank you very much. the admin that sent me the key left out a dash.  So, here is an alternate issue that we are facing now.  we have 60 licences, (version 7.5.1) and it pre-dates the requirement for the user to create a username and password with red-gate.  When i go in to manage the licenses (i am now an admin for our product) it says we have 56 of 60 licenses in use.  only about 5 people have created a red-gate account, so the management tool only gives me the ability to remove employees who have left the company that also created an account.

What i would like to do is un-assign everyone, and then i can resend out the invite to register their product which would force everyone to have a red-gate account, which would then let me properly manage the licenses when employees leave the company.  I cannot find a way to remove someone that doesnt have an account already though.  Do you have any suggestions for doing that?

Thank you so much for your help, i never realized how spoiled i was until i didnt have my sql prompt.
  • Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @Scottc

Thanks for your reply and I'm glad it helped. 

In order to fix the issue you've mentioned in the latter part of your post you should send us a ticket. Please don't forget to mention how many activations are required and we can add them from our end and make sure that you have access to the number of licenses you purchased. 

We look forward to receiving your request. 

Best

Richard Lynch. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software