Import from an Existing database in VS 2017 gives error

ershadershad Posts: 1 New member
I get Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error when i am trying to import an existing database in VS 2017. Ready roll version is 1.14.20.5993 and visual studio is 15.4.2 . I added some objects to exclude from import in the project file and also added migrationlogschema property before import.
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm sorry that you're running into a problem with importing your database. May I ask does the problem happen when you try to import into a project without either of those properties configured?
    Also are you able to post the stack trace so we can try debugging the problem?
    Many thanks
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • JohnnunnJohnnunn Posts: 1 New member
    edited November 7, 2017 10:01AM
    I am also having the same issue, it only occurs when Semantic Versioning is enabled. I have tried multiple solutions and databases all with exactly the same error.
    Visual studio Version 15.4.2,
    ReadyRoll version 1.14.20.5993,
    SQL Server 2017
    Windows 10 Enterprise Edition version 1709, build 16299.19
  • We have received reports of similar errors through our in-application reporting system, and are now working on a fix that should be released sometime this week.

However to help confirm that we've addressed the right issue, it would be great if you could also post your error message and stack track if available (you may need to click _Send Report_ first to see this).

I'll update this thread as soon as the release is available
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Quick update the delays in releasing a fix have been due to issues discovered late in regression testing that have taken longer than anticipated to resolve.

Apologies for the continuing delay. We will have a hotfix available by the end of this week.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Thank you for your patience. The issue is resolved in 1.14.21, released today.

Note that, as the problem had a few different reported symptoms, it's possible that not all scenarios were resolved. Please let me know if you continue to receive this error within the ReadyRoll tool-window.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • sasankjsasankj Posts: 23 New member
    I am still getting the error. I am using ReadyRoll core that comes with VS2017 enterprise. I enabled semantic versions.
  • sasankjsasankj Posts: 23 New member
    edited April 4, 2018 7:43PM
  • sasankj said:
    I am still getting the error. I am using ReadyRoll core that comes with VS2017 enterprise. I enabled semantic versions.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Does the error appear when you open the ReadyRoll tool-window? If so, could you click Send Report so that we may investigate further? (Note if you don't see the error dialog, you can also send a screenshot/copy of the error to support@red-gate.com and mention this thread).
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software