Options

unknown error

Greetings,
I attempt to compare data of two databases and doing so I receive a strange error message which is server related not database related: "Invalid column name 'remote_data_archive_migration_state' ".
I do experience this attempting to process compare any two databases on these specific two servers, while I do not get the error on other servers.

I would be grateful for any guidance.

Thank you,

Andreas E. (aetel)
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @aetel

Thanks for your post. 

Can you please try the latest version of Data Compare and let us know if you're still experiencing this? 
    You can download it directly from my link below. 

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLDataCompare/12Mar2018/SQLDataCompare_13.2.2.5661.exe

Kind regards

Richard Lynch. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    aetelaetel Posts: 2 New member

Good afternoon Richard,

Thank you very much for responding and allow me to test the new version. The result is good, this version was capable to perform the data compare.

Let me elaborate on the earlier issue first then I have a question:

While the data compare failed before, I could observe that it failed on every database on those two servers. The only difference that I found was the version: the source data was on a dev server (13.0.1601) and the target server was on a prod server (13.0.4001). Can that be the explanation?

Question: As my company is a legitimate license holder for Red Gate, can I just simply upgrade to this new version? Your URL deployed a 2 weeks' trial version.

Richard, thank you again for taking the time and responding to me!

Best regards,

Andreas  E.

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @aetel

Thanks for getting back to me. 

No problem, I'm happy to help!

I cannot answer that first question myself but you could always send us a ticket so that a product engineer can help you with it. 

As a legitimate license holder you can simply input your organisation's license key in to the new version you have downloaded and then it will take it back out of trial mode. 

I hope this helps. 

Have a good weekend. 

Richard. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software