Options

SQL Compare 12.4.9.4945 - Ignore comments not working

I updated SQL compare today to 12.4.9.4945. When I ran the compare this morning, I had 5 or 6 changes to examine. After the update, I have 177. They new changes are comments, or possibly whitespace/commments changes.

I have the settings for ignore comments and ignore whitespace turned on. Is anyone else having this issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PaulVPaulV Posts: 4 New member
    I see the same issue. Reduces the value of the tool.
  • Options
    Also, open Help > About for about 1 minute. Seems there is an Ester Egg there. No need for that in production-level code. Is this update legit?
  • Options
    We've released a fix for the whitespace/comments bug to version 13.0.1.5078 on our frequent updates channel - does this solve your problem?

The easter egg has been around for a pretty long time actually, at least since 2008!
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I still see differences after the upgrade has been applied. A block of comments that starts with /* and ends with */ is still showing in every procedure. My version shows as 13.0.1.5078. My project options have the "Ignore Comments" checkbox checked.

Is there a different setting I need to check? This used to work so something has changed with a recent upgrade.
  • Options
    JohnESJohnES Posts: 10 Bronze 1
    I'm currently having problems with comments and possibly whitespace not being ignored in the diff. Are there any more tricks to try to fix this?

I do have Ignore Comments and Ignore Whitespace checked.

I was running on version 13.0.1.5078, and just updated to 13.2.0.5604, which I believe is the latest (note that the updater code did not work and I had to do it manually).

The code I'm having an issue with looks something like...

Create Table tblSomething --ChangeNum
    @FromDate, --ChangeNum
    @ToDate. --ChangeNum

The original code does not have the --ChangeNum, but all lines in the right side object do and all lines are being flagged as different.
  • Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @JohnES and @PaulV

Thanks for your posts.

Could you try the latest version of SQL Compare which is available from my link below?

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLCompare/12Mar2018/SQLCompare_13.2.2.5661.exe
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    JohnESJohnES Posts: 10 Bronze 1
    I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Thank You.
  • Options
    Richard, the fix looks good. It addresses the issue I was having. thanks.
    - Paul -