Options

SQL Operations Studio support

Is support for SQL Operations Studio on your radar/roadmap?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @MSSQLCS,

Thanks for getting in touch!

SQL Operations Studio is something we have investigated briefly however at this stage we haven't added it to our roadmap. Are you using it for day-to-day SQL development?

You can see our latest roadmap on the Redgate website -- SQL Prompt Pro Roadmap

Best,
    Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
  • Options
    vfrank66vfrank66 Posts: 9 New member
    I am using this in day-to-day SQL development. But as a younger DBA I am not constrained to old habits.

Although SqlOps is still not at v1 I would like to see this tool investigated again for Redgate. Some days our CI requires me as a DBA to jump through SSMS, DLM Dashboard, and lastly Powershell to ensure I correct a problem in deployment. SqlOps offers the extensiblity to allow me stay within one tool. Possibly adding a custom dashboard which mimicks DLM Dashboard within SqlOps.

I think the most important thing for me is that one of my databases in source control have so many objects that we run into the SSMS x32 bit issues. Just "getting latest" causes memory issues requiring our team to use the Large Address Aware app, disable some other Redgate extensions, and SSMS intellisense in order issue a Redgate source control "Get Latest". This causes lots of slowness and disruption to development, devs and DBAs. This could be a tool which offers a GUI way solution to that problem.
  • Options
    Hi @vfrank66,

Just a quick message to say thank you for all the detail here. It's really useful to hear how you think SqlOps could help solve some of your problems with SSMS and jumping through all the steps in CI.

Best,
    Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor