Options

Enhance INSERT Values formatting style

Hello,

On my project I have sql script files to automatically wipe and re-seed my database during development process. It works really great. It's basically about filling in master data tables. There could be tables with 200 lines for example. I have these scripts in Visual Studio under the source control of my project.

I would like to have an INSERT Values formatting style where it will vertically align on commas separating values in a row. This way the data to insert will look like a table. Very easy to maintain.

There is already a similar feature to format DDL STATEMENTS Schema definitions. For create table you can [ Align data types and constraints ]

Maybe you could stick this idea to SQLPrompt product enhancements backlog ?

Or maybe this feature exists already ?

Regards,
Dimitri
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @d_andros

Thanks for your post and for joining the forums.

This looks like a question that one of Support engineers will need to investigate for you.

If you've a got support contract, please send us a ticket. Provide as much information as you can - screenshots of any errors, log files etc – so we can help you as fast as possible.
    If you're not covered by a Support contract at the moment, email our Sales team at sales@red-gate.com, and they'll be able to help.

If you could please provide an example of this for our support engineers then they would be most grateful.

Kind regards
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software