Problems with VSTS/TFS Build process

l570l570 Posts: 16 Bronze 1
I'm currently trying to set up our first build process for a readyroll project and I'm running into a set of problems. Disclaimer: I am not an expert at TFS, VSTS, ReadyRoll or anything really. So...glaringly easy solutions may be available, but I haven't found one.

Using the information found here, I've got 4 steps so far:
  1. NuGet Installer
  2. ReadyRoll Download Build Component
  3. ReadyRoll Set Target Database
  4. Visual Studio Build

Step 1 completes.

Step 2 I get the following: The term 'nuget.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. (I have the process continue in the face of errors.

Step 3 completes

Step 4 I get a build error: "Error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\ReadyRoll\ReadyRoll.Data.Schema.SSDT.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk."

Step 4 probably fails because of step 2 failing, but I'm including both errors for the sake of completion.

Help would be welcome.

Best Answer

• bob_walkerbob_walker Posts: 8 Bronze 3
    Without knowing your setup, I have a couple of questions

1) Is the build agent (the server actually doing the building) hosted on a server on-premise at your company? As in, do you have full control over it (or someone in your company does)
    2) If the server is on premise can you login? If so, could you open up a command prompt and simply type in "nuget help"? Does that fail as well?

If both of those are true, what that tells me is that NuGet is not installed in the "path" variables on the server, which most likely is what the "ReadyRoll download build component" step is trying to do. You can download and install the NuGet command line tool here. You will want to download the Windows X86 Command line tool and place that on the server. After that, you will need to add a path variable to point to that tool

The first step, NuGet installer works most likely because when Microsoft programmed that step they added in some "smarts" to find NuGet.exe, or that application was included in the step.

Answers