Visual Studio 2013 SSDT Database Project Support

DarwinFiskDarwinFisk Posts: 3
I want to use Visual Studio 2013 Database Projects (SSDT.) When I link Redgate Source Control to the Db project I am given a warning about potential unreliability of this setup as SSDT project support is still in beta. I have found posts where this support was being introduced as beta a couple years ago... Makes me hesitant to rely upon it, but it has been several versions (and years) since then...

Does anyone have real life experience with this setup? Is it reliable? How real are the warnings I am presented with? Is my project going to end up a stinking hole of burning sulfur???

Thanks for your feedback,
Darwin Fisk

Comments

• Not one person willing to jump in on this one. It must just be bad practices to try "dual heading" red gate with SSDT.
  • Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, we seem to have missed your original post.

Regarding linking SQL Source Control to SSDT projects, I am afraid that this is still an unsupported feature.

Please see below a link with relevant information on linking SQL Source Control and SSDT, which I hope will prove helpful to you:

http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... T+projects

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Sean_BSean_B Posts: 11 New member
    Is this unsupported feature status still the case? I realize this may be a tricky feature, but it looks like a lot of people want this. And this post is a couple years old. RG may have added this feature by now?