How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

history of blocking processes

In overview screen I see a beta of blocking processes top ten by time- this isnt very useful. Blocking happens overnight when we are sleeping ! what would be useful is a histiory of top 10 blocking processes. Is there any plans to do this ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Karl,

This is an area we are exploring how best to improve. Currently you can drag the focus area to show the top 10 over a given time period - in the example screenshot, the table is showing the top 10 blocking processes overnight (from 8pm to 6am).

1cmc9xujq23e.png

I'm interested to understand what you would ideally want to be able to do, and what you would do with the output?

Thanks,
    Adam
  • i cant get to the link
    'This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

I would use the information to get coders to fix code that is continually blocking.
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @karl.oliver

Are you seeing a link to an image rather than the image itself? For me it's embedded in the post above.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • i can see it in post , so thats ok. When i try to see blocking processes for last 24 housr all i get is this time range Blocking Processes from 07:02 to 09:02 - how do i change it?

i have set last 24 hours from drop doen menu above so why dont i see block for last 24 hours
  • i have worked out how to change time range not very obvious, however i get this meassge An error occurred while attempting to display this data in Blocking processes field- another defect ?