Options

Copy results without headers

dspdsp Posts: 26
edited June 10, 2016 9:32AM in SQL Multi Script
If I copy a value from the results, I always get the column-name with it. In SSMS you can choose between copy and copy with headers. Can this be build into SQL Multi Script?

Regards,
Danny
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi Danny,

Thanks for the suggestion! I've logged a feature request for this on our system.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    You're welcome, it's boring if you have to copy the contents of 24 servers and remove the headers for every result.

Danny
  • Options
    roman_sroman_s Posts: 2 New member
    Any news on this? Still can't see an option to copy out without headers..
  • Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @roman_s

Thanks for your post.

This is still in hand and is being worked on although there is no definitive time frame for completion.
    Do let us know if you require any further information.

Kind regards
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    SQLGrinderSQLGrinder Posts: 3 New member
    Have seen this requested repeated in other threads for years now. It is one of those tiny annoying things that creates a little extra work every day you use it. You guys have fixed so many things based on feedback here, I don't understand why this one keeps getting neglected. This is a power time saving product that I use every day - please fix. 
  • Options
    roman_sroman_s Posts: 2 New member
    @SQLGrinder
    What are you talking about? It's already done. Go to "application options" - "When copying results to the clipboard, include the header row" - and just uncheck it ;)
  • Options
    Oh snap, I never knew it was fixed because I assumed it would be implemented just like SSMS and have a right-click option when copying from the grid. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2018 12:30AM
    Actually, I don't consider this fixed. It was implemented as its either enable/disable feature which doesn't allow you choose for each selection. There are many times I need to copy the entire grid and I do want the headers. Also many times I just want to extract a single value from the grid and I do NOT want the headers. I do both several times every day and going into options each time is an equal inconvenience as before.

Any chance this feature can be adjusted to work like SSMS?
    There is already a right-lick hover menu that appears in the gird with options to Select All or Copy, please just add the option to Copy with Headers.

Thanks