Version 1.15.17353.7229 - Broken CLR Assembly Deploys

stevebsteveb Posts: 14 Bronze 1
I upgraded my build server to ReadyRoll 1.15.17353.7229 just before Christmas and now get errors deploying a project containing a reference to a CLR assembly. The error is a syntax check on the standard CLR deployment script.
DatabaseMigrations\XXXXXXXX\SQLCLR\DeployClrDatabaseProcs.sql(0,0): Error : An error occurred while attempting to verify project scripts: 
Msg 128, Level 15, State 1, Server XXXXXXX, Line 10
The name "{ClrDatabaseProcs}" is not permitted in this context. Valid expressions are constants, constant expressions, and (in some contexts) variables. Column names are not permitted.
Msg 319, Level 15, State 1, Server XXXXXXX, Line 10
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'. If this statement is a common table expression, an xmlnamespaces clause or a change tracking context clause, the previous statement must be terminated with a semicolon.

The deployment script looks like:

jo8rdiv5ba90.png

On reverting to version 1.15.17340.6878, this error goes away.

Steve.
Tagged:
This Ticket has been deleted from Zendesk

Comments

• After upgrading my CLR integration is also broken with a different message.

2>Generating "D:\Projects\Project1\Dev\Databases\Project1.Database\obj\Debug\Project1_Package.sql"...
    2> Validating Deployment Scripts...
    2> Ensuring Shadow database is up-to-date
    2> Building Shadow deployment script...
    2> Incrementally deploying to Shadow database...
    2>D:\Projects\Project1\Dev\Databases\Project1.Database\SqlClr\Project1.Clr.sql: Error: : An error occurred while attempting to verify project scripts:
    2>Msg 6501, Level 16, State 1, Server MY_COMPUTER_NAME, Line 2
    2>CREATE ASSEMBLY failed because it could not open the physical file '{Project1.Something}': 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).
    2>
    2>To suppress this error, disable build-time script verification by checking the following option in the Project Designer (Debug tab): Skip Shadow database deployment when building inside Visual Studio.
    2>Done building project "Project1.Database.sqlproj" -- FAILED.
  • Hi,

We found a bug in an earlier version regarding how it handles CLR assemblies, please update to 1.15.18004 (released on 2018-01-04) or newer and then test again.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • stevebsteveb Posts: 14 Bronze 1
    Hi Sergio,

I've updated my build server to 1.15.18004 and the problem have been resolved.

Thanks for your quick response on this.

Regards,

Steve
  • mb2018mb2018 Posts: 1 New member
    I'm having a similar problem. I am using version 1.16.18018.7798 . It happens at initialization ( Pre-Deployment)