Deselect column while comparison but include in resultset

I am trying to do a pre and a post table comparison. Wherein, I want a column to be ignored during comparison but want that column to be included in the result set.

Currently, I am able to deselect the column during comparison but that column is also getting ignored from the resultset.
Tagged:

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi akumar59, thank you for your forum post.

If you wish a column to be included in the results set, you need to actually compare it. By default all tables and their columns are included in the comparison that have an automatic comparison key are selected for the comparison.

If edit the project ->select the tables & views tab and you remove a column for a table from the comparison, the data values for that column will not be included in the comparison results set.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • akumar59akumar59 Posts: 2 New member
    Thanks @Eddie D Could u also help me with the conditions which a column must satisfy to become a comparison key. Eg: if suppose i have 2 columns which distinctly identify a row in the table, but one column also has null values in some rows. However, the combination of the two columns still remain unique, so in that case, is it ok to choose those two columns?