setup problem

Hi, I get an error when try to install Ant memory profiler 8.11

properties are:
Tool: ANTS Memory Profiler 8.11
Outcome: Installation failed
Details: Service 'Redgate Client' (RedGateClient) failed to start. verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. (MSI Error: 1603)

My system is Windows7 (64 bit), intel corei3, 4GB RAM, admin access
Note1: I have admin access and for installation I run the file as admin.
Note2: I tried several time, reset and so. sometime OS hanged and I forced to shut it down manually.
thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for your post @mhm and sorry to hear you're running into an issue!

There may be a policy in place that is blocking the installer (or .exe files in general) from running msi files to install.

Are there any related errors from Event Viewer>Windows log>Application after this fails?

Does it still fail if you try to install from the msi files? To try this, please start the installer and once the window comes up, click on the Redgate icon in the top left corner and choose "Open temporary file folder", and then run the .msi file from the opened folder.

(Note: I think you meant that you are trying to update to v8.12, but if you are trying to update to v8.11, it has a different installer version and you'll need to right-click on the installer's title bar and choose "Locate temporary files" to get to the .msi files)

Thank you!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?