Builds now fail after installing SQL toolbelt

My local system was working fine with Visual Studio Pro 2017 building a SQL project.
Then I installed SQL Toolbelt (Backup, Compare, Data Compare, Data Generator, Doc, Prompt, Search, Test, SSMS Integration Pack) and I now get this error when I build.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v15.0\SSDT\Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.SqlTasks.targets(559,5): Error: MSB4018: The "SqlBuildTask" task failed unexpectedly.
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql.Deployment.SqlCmdFileVerifier..ctor(Microsoft.SqlServer.TransactSql.ScriptDom.TSqlParser, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.String>, Boolean)'.
at Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Tasks.Sql.SqlBuildTask.ExecutePrePostScriptsValidationStep()
at Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Tasks.Sql.SqlBuildTask.ExecuteStep(Func`1 step)
at Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Tasks.Sql.SqlBuildTask.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()

Based on a recommendation from another post I went to [Tools] [Extensions & Updates...] [Updates] and found an update to Visual Studio 15.5.2 and installed it in hopes it would fix any missing files, but the problem still exists.
Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• XyzzyXyzzy Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    I have the same issue - it broke vs2017 and vs2015. I uninstalled SQLPropt, and my build went back to normal. Now I have to dig out SQLPrompt 8 and install that.
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi all,

The developers have fixed the issue in SQL Prompt v9.0.4.3408 (download here). I have confirmed it works for me in my replication here, but please do let us know that it works for you all also!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers