Installation failed

DybboeDybboe Posts: 2 New member
edited December 15, 2017 7:11AM in General Forum
Hi,
After restart, checking rights, etc. I still get this error

qd0csktqssjj.jpg

I have googled it, but found no solution. Any help ?

/Steen
Tagged:

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

I suspect this maybe a security permissions problem.

When the Installer executable is run, a msi file for the product is extracted and copied to a temp folder within the Windows User Profile, in your case:
    C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\{f6DA9672A906B2051A3871FDB222D2}

In some cases, Windows prevents users from extracting files to the temp folder, C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\, creating the error you have reported.

The first thing to try in resolving the problem is to use the 'run as administrator' option. Right Click the installer and select the option 'run as administrator' option

If the 'run as administrator' option does not resolve the problem for you. Attempt to run the installer via the command prompt using the extract option.
    The latest SQL Prompt installer is available using this link:
    ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLPrompt/13Dec2017/SQLPrompt_9.0.3.3299.zip

Use cd to change directory to the folder when the executable is located.

SQLPrompt_9.0.3.3299.exe extract "<to a path of your choice>"

For example:
    SQLPrompt_9.0.3.3299.exe extract D:\MyRGInstallers

Run the msi file from the folder or path selected.

Does this resolve the problem for you, using 'run as administrator' or extracting the msi file?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • DybboeDybboe Posts: 2 New member
    Appreciate your help
    I did indeed run the install with elevated right, and later using an administrator account. So though it smells like, it does not feel like a matter about rights.
    I downloaded your specific SQL Prompt installer and ran it from CMD (standard and elevated)
    The result was

9o0usn7v5v5n.jpg

Could the path give an indication of what I do wrong ????

/Steen
  • Tommy_HoldenTommy_Holden Posts: 1 New member
    i'm having the same issue when trying to update SQL toolbelt essentials running the installer as admin. was there a resolution to this problem?